Makes 2 serving(s)
WHAT'S IN IT?
1 2/3 cup of water
Pinch of salt
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
2 packed teaspoons light brown sugar
STUFF YOU NEED
Liquid and dry measuring cups
Large, microwave-safe bowl
2 cereal bowls
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
- Dump the measured water, salt and oats in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Stir it with a large spoon.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes and 15 seconds, or until the oatmeal is hot.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave with the potholders.
- With the large spoon, immediately stir in the applesauce, dried cranberries or raisins and brown sugar.
- Pour the oatmeal into two cereal bowls. Plunk a spoon into each bowl.
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
320 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 65 mg Sodium, 68 g Total Carbohydrates, 6 g Dietary Fiber, 40 g Sugars, 6 g Protein, 0% Vitamin A, 2% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium, 10% Iron
Why's your heart so happy after this (oat)meal?
Keeping Your Heart Healthy